Friday, September 7, 2018

Do it again!

One September day, I had the pleasure of going for a walk with two of my granddaughters. The breeze was chasing the falling leaves down the street and our feet made a crunching sound as they trudged through dry leaves by the curb.

Suddenly a whirlwind formed and moved down the street right before our eyes, catching the leaves up with it, swirling them around. After the whirlwind had passed, two-year-old Ashlynn looked up to the sky and pleaded, "Do it again!"

My oldest granddaughter, Kye, was a Winnie the Pooh fan and loved the story of the Windy Day. I recently realized that the actor who did the voice of Gopher is the same actor who played Ernest T. Bass on the Andy Griffith Show.
https://youtu.be/E7UqHM5bjcY?t=1m34s

11 comments :

Ginny Hartzler said...

A perfect story of childhood and innocence! I like your raking scarecrow.

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

I love to see the leaves swirl around, like a mini-tornado! Fun memory.

MadSnapper n Beau said...

children say the cutest things.. I have seen in the past the little winds stirring leaves. a precious memory here.... I never watched the Pooh stories but I do remember Ernest T....

Aritha said...

Ah, so cute!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Cute story. I have been seeing the leaves falling on our recent walks. Love the scarecrow. Enjoy your day and weekend!

Red Rose Alley said...

What a sweet memory of you taking a walk with your granddaughters on a windy day. This is a cute story, Karen, and that was precious what Ashlynn said. You know, I've been watching The Andy Griffith Show lately. I miss all those old shows. Time to watch them again. : )

~Sheri

Lady Jane said...

What a lovely story. Fall is coming isn't it. hugs, lj

Louca por porcelana said...

I watched the Pooh stories with my sons several times when they were little boys...We are planning watching the movie together when it arrives(?) here next weeks.Time flies...Hugs!

Susie said...

Karen, I loved this adorable story. I love the innocence of children, the pureness of their thoughts. I will have to watch that Pooh toon. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

L. D. said...

That would be so neat to see for real. I instantly remember the scenes from Whinne the Pooh with the wind blowing leaves everywhere.

Connie said...

Such a cute story about your granddaughter. I love Winnie the Pooh.

Blog Archive