Thursday, September 6, 2018

Apples

My son and I used to watch the movie PRANCER every Christmas. I like the part where Jessica and her dad are in the apple orchard and she asks him if they are poor.

"Heck no. We've got apples, we're gonna eat apple sauce, apple cider and apple pie, and there's stewed apples and baked apples and dried apples, and apple butter.". 

In the fall of the year I get hungry for baked apples with brown sugar and cinnamon.

16 comments :

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I loved the movie Prancer. Apples and cinnamon are yummy.
Happy Thursday, enjoy your day!

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Apples always remind me of fall and all the good things one can make from them. Blessings for Thursday.

Louca por porcelana said...

Hi Karen!I love apples too!Your fun comment in my blog makes me smile!Visiting Portugal is in my bucket list,I am glad to know you went there.Greetings!

Nonnie said...

Sweet memory. That sounds really good. Just last evening I was looking on Pinterest for a recipe for an apple cinnamon bread or cake.

Red Rose Alley said...

I know what you mean, Karen. I love anything apple during this season. How special that you and your son used to watch Prancer every year. It's one of my favorite Christmas shows...but I don't ever see it on tv any more. Your apple post is wonderful. And now, I'll have to make baked apples with brown sugar and cinnamon. : )

~Sheri

ps...your Header picture is so pretty.

Ginny Hartzler said...

My grandmother used to love this kind of baked apples! Whenever she would take me to the cafeteria, she would get one. They smell amazing. I have not seen Prancer, and love this story from it! Apple Days are almost here, and our city has a small Apple Days festival. With lots of bushels of different apples in a parking lot, and a strip mall with sidewalks filled with crafter's tables selling their wares.

MadSnapper n Beau said...

I never saw Prancer, but I do love all the list of apple stuff, all or any of it..

Carla from The River said...

Our family LOVES apples. But out of the four of us, Sam loves them the most.

Sandi said...

me too... :)

Lowcarb team member said...

Apples and cinnamon just go together so well!

All the best Jan

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Now I am wanting something baked with apples...

Theresa said...

OH YES, Fall is for apples:) Hope you get some of those baked just the way you like them! Have a blessed day dear Karen, HUGS!

Susie said...

Karen, I love the apple header photo. I too love apples. I can remember my parents bringing home a tall white bag of apples from an orchard north of here, every fall. Oh my gosh, we kids ate our fill and felt very happy to take one for each of our teachers. My daughter took some pears from her trees and made some ginger ,pear muffins. Not so many pear recipes as apples. :):) Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

Lady Jane said...

I shall look for Prancer this coming season to watch again. It was such a wonderful movie. hugs, lj

L. D. said...

I just picked up some fallen apples from our old place. We will have apple pie.

Connie said...

I love this time of year when apples are so readily available.

Blog Archive