"Great oaks from little acorns grow" - Oak trees don't produce acorns until they are 20 or more years old, but if you walk under an oak that is seventy or eighty, you might need to open your umbrella to keep them from bouncing on your head.
The sight of a big old oak still encourages me that God's children will bear fruit even in old age, ESPECIALLY in old age.
The seeds that fell on good ground are the people who hear and understand the message.
They produce as much as a hundred or sixty or thirty times what was planted.
Matthew 13:23

14 comments :
This is very uplifting!! What wonderful memories you have. And this is the most beautiful picture of acorns that I have ever seen!
Amen!
I just made a cup of dandelion tea. There was a little message on the teabag:
"The creation of a thousand forests is in one acorn." -Ralph Waldo Emerson
It's amazing how those giant, old oak trees grow from a tiny acorn. Nice post!
Such great analogies here. I didn't realize the oak tree had to be so old before it could bear "fruit". I guess some of our "scrub oaks" here in and around our forest are much older than I thought, even though they are still small. That is just the type of oaks that they are. I love that "God's children will bear fruit "especially in old age"....that gives me great hope! Especially since I got older this week! LOL.
That has become one of my favorite verses. I didn't know that about oak trees. Very interesting.
Love your blog today, and I am thankful that I can bear some kind of fruit in my old days. God is good.
Bearing fruit especially in old age, encouraging to know it is true of people as well as oaks.
Hello, our driveway is filled with acorns. The squirrels should have a feast.
Great verse and post. Enjoy your day and weekend!
Hi Karen,
I have always loved oak trees, and am fascinated by what they represent in our lives. Years ago I grew two oak trees from acorns. I now have one of them in a garden tub, and keep pruning it, and the other one was given to my son who is teaching his wife about 'bonsai'.
Karen, I love oak trees. The squirrels love them too. :) I remember hearing acorns drop on my daughter's old house. They had one of the oldest oaks in their yard. Blessings for a fine weekend, it's nice temps here but mostly cloudy. xoxo, Susie
We have some very old trees in my town, and many of them are oak. It is comforting to know that good things will happen, even in old age. : )
Have a lovely Sunday.
~Sheri
Our one church parking lot has a large tree and the acorns are covering the ground. I am sure some squirrels are benefiting from them but a lot of them are being crushed by car tires.
Oak trees are very special. I do like the image on your post.
All the best Jan
My oak trees must be old, because they are full of acorns and my dogs are also interested in chewing them. I had to pull up all my dollar tree solar lights in my drive way as my dogs were chewing them, so acorns are better. Squirrels usually come for my acorns, but they seem to be scarce this year.
Post a Comment