When I was six years old, our class took a field trip on the bus to Grant Park Zoo in Atlanta. I was excited on my first trip to the zoo and I ran ahead of my class and entered the Lion House. Back then, the lions were housed in cages. I walked right up to the bars of the cage, and the full-grown lion let out a ROAR that echoed through that stone building. I still remember that deafening sound and running away in fear!
Sometimes, I face circumstances where I am afraid to stand up and do what I know is right. God gave me a picture that if I would stop running away from problems and stand up and face fear, that a hundred angels would stand up with me. Even better than that, my Savior Jesus stands with me, and He is the Lion of the tribe of Judah!
Judah means PRAISE. Even when I feel uncertain, as I begin to praise, I have a Heavenly Choir of back-up singers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2018
(
196
)
-
▼
September
(
20
)
- Extravagant Love
- Little Acorns
- Rainy Days in September
- Roar
- You are a precious jewel
- Sweet-Smelling
- MOTHER'S PECANS!
- Grace
- God's Precious Treasure
- Steadfast Love
- NEW EVERY MORNING
- Isaiah 41:10
- Forgiven
- The Lord's Prayer - John 17
- Filled with Praise
- Do it again!
- Apples
- Making Biscuits
- Scattering Good Seed
- The Fair
-
▼
September
(
20
)

8 comments :
What an experience! And you have turned it into a lovely devotional.
What a cute story about the lion and your class field trip. I've always thought of the lion as my favorite animal. Yes, it's fierce, and the mama protects her cubs fearlessly. I like what you said about the hundred angels, Karen. Such a precious story.
~Sheri
you have your very own roaring lion now, I bet that ROAR really scared you. I am enjoying your memories. keep them coming... we only went to the zoo once, way back then when they were in cages, animal lover I am and hating tight spaces, I cried because they were in cages
We were near by when a Lion roared at the Birmingham Zoo and you are right, it is quite the sound. It scared me!!
I remember similar times at the Zoo. AND yes, the heavenly choir is singing! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!
Thanks for sharing this blessed post!Hugs!
A great devotional Karen, so very true.
A Tiger did that to our son Atticus. It was something we will never forget.
Carla
It's good to know we are never alone. Sweet devotional, Karen.
Post a Comment