There are certain fragrances that instantly bring back memories of people I loved. Mother's perfume, Daddy's soap-on-a-rope, grandma's face cream.
The Bible says our simple heartfelt prayer is a pleasing fragrance rising to the throne of God.
Let my prayer be accepted as sweet-smelling incense in your presence.
Psalm 141:2a God's Word
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2018
(
196
)
-
▼
September
(
20
)
- Extravagant Love
- Little Acorns
- Rainy Days in September
- Roar
- You are a precious jewel
- Sweet-Smelling
- MOTHER'S PECANS!
- Grace
- God's Precious Treasure
- Steadfast Love
- NEW EVERY MORNING
- Isaiah 41:10
- Forgiven
- The Lord's Prayer - John 17
- Filled with Praise
- Do it again!
- Apples
- Making Biscuits
- Scattering Good Seed
- The Fair
-
▼
September
(
20
)

9 comments :
Your header is gorgeous. I have read that smell brings back memories stronger than any other sense.
I also have memories of sweet smells from the past.
smells and seeing things jog those memories. remember the loose powder that came in an orange and black speckled round box? I can't remember the name, but when I see it or smell it I think MOMMY, which is what everyone called my dad's mother... I try to forget the perfume my mother loved in the 70's, Charlie. GASP
Oh yes, smells trigger memories for me too! Have a blessed last day of Summer dear Karen, HUGS!
My mother did not wear perfume, and her face cream was "Ponds." But the smell of freshly baked cinnamon rolls brings back a memory. Yes, I agree that our prayers are a sweet smelling fragrance onto God.
Amen, great memories. I do have to think of those memory smells to. Cinnamon rolls, vitals hair cream, percolated coffee.
Amen. I am not a fan of any perfumes anymore as they cause me to have headaches and nausea, but there are many pleasant fragrances that bring me right back to a happy memory from my childhood/youth...mostly food fragrances now, but some flowers (roses esp., and lilacs, though not too close) Yes, i want to be a sweet smelling aroma to Christ. I pray that it is so.
How simple and nice! Thank you so much. Sharing Song of Salomo 5:5 "I rose up to open to my beloved; and my hands dropped with myrrh, and my fingers with sweet smelling myrrh, on the handles of the lock."
Joh Gill: "It may signify myrrh brought and left there by Christ; and may express the abundance of grace from him, communicated by him, to draw and allure her to him, to supple and soften her hard heart, to take off the stiffness of her will, and the rustiness of her affections, and make the lock of unbelief draw back easier, and so open a way for himself into her heart; and to excite grace in her, her faith and love, and cause her to come forth in exercise on him: and her hands and fingers "dropping" herewith shows that all the grace a believer has is from Christ, from whom, in the way of his duty, he receives a large measure of it: while the church was on her bed of sloth there was no flow of sweet smelling myrrh; but, now she is up and doing her duty, her hands and fingers are overflowed with it."
I wrote about it, long time agon on my blog (in Dutch)
Have a nice Saterday and Sunday!
Our sense of smell has so many memories attached to it. Lovely verse to accompany this post.
Post a Comment