How sweet the name of Jesus sounds
In a believer's ear!
It soothes his sorrows,
Heals his wounds,
And drives away his fear.
Jesus! My Shepherd, Brother, Friend,
My Prophet, Priest, and King,
My Lord, my Life, my Way, my End,
Accept the praise I bring.
John Newton
John Newton repented and gave his life to Jesus after leaving his job as a slave ship captain in the 1700's. Almost blind at age 82, he still preached.
Shortly before his death, he was speaking to his church, and had repeated, "Jesus is precious" twice, His assistant whispered, "You've said that Go on." Then the rafters rang with the cry of the old preacher,
JESUS CHRIST IS PRECIOUS!
"Yes, you who trust Him recognize the honor God has given Him.
But for those who reject Him,
'The stone that the builders rejected has now become the cornerstone.'"
I Peter 2:7

12 comments :
Thank you Karen for sharing this. I really needed it today. Happy April.
What a wonderful story. The name of Jesus is so precious to the believer.
He is indeed.
Yes, his is an amazing story!
Such beautiful lyrics. Hope you have a pleasant evening.
I think that's true.....when we hear the name of Jesus, it's so sweet and comforting and healing.
Have a pleasant week, Karen.
~Sheri
A lovely testimony Karen, I too recognize the honour that God has given to Jesus.
God bless you for sharing this.
Hello, wonderful story. Thanks for sharing. Have a happy day!
Beautiful lyrics! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!
Wonderful words!
Thank you for sharing these words.
All the best Jan
Great story.
Post a Comment