
I have become absolutely convinced that neither death nor life, neither messenger of Heaven nor monarch of earth, neither what happens today nor what may happen tomorrow, neither a power from on high nor a power from below, nor anything else in God’s whole world has any power to separate us from the love of God in Jesus Christ our Lord! Romans 8:38-39
Here is an amazing rendition of the melody:
Nearer My God to Thee
Andre Rieu
10 comments :
Thanks for stopping by my blog! Had lots of fun at Stone Mountain and we got to ride the train as well as the ducks.
Amazing how He never stops longing for every one of us to be redeemed. Like a bee keeper hissing for his bees, the scripture says!
The song Nearer My God to Thee is special to me because it was sung at my great-grandfather's funeral when I was 9 years old.
I praise Him for always being there for me, through thick and thin, night and day. He is always near.
Such a beautiful song!
The song is beautiful, and so is the venue in Amsterdam. Your header looks like our mountains!
Such a loving verse and beautiful musical arrangement. So happy that you remembered this hymn was sung at Papa Billy's funeral. The music video was breathtaking...
Love you - good night.
Oh how I love that song. We always sang it in our little country Church that I attended as a child. We still sing it occasionally but not often enough. Enjoy your day dear Karen, hugs.
I am loving all the Purple on your blog today, Karen. It is a lovely color to start my week. I decorated this year for Easter with Purple colors.
Have a wonderful week.
~Sheri
Lovely music :)
All the best Jan
Post a Comment