Tuesday, April 30, 2019

The Lilies

Irises are in the lily family and I love all the variations of color in both lilies and irises.
We had a sweet neighbor with dozens of irises lining her sidewalk. When I would push my son Caleb who had Down syndrome in his wheel chair, he could not resist reaching over and picking one to take home.

I just watched a story on CBN of a family who adopted several children with Down Syndrome after the deaths of two of their children. They have such a beautiful family.

Consider the lilies, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
Luke 12:27
+

12 comments :

Laurel Wood said...

I always remember how Caleb loved the irises. I watched the entire video and it was such a blessing. To see how each of those children blossomed after being adopted. To hear the dad say that he shared with the orphans that we all have a Heavenly Father who loves us and will never leave us. What a message of Hope. Thank you. xoxo

Ginny Hartzler said...

Your Iris header is totally stunning!!! They are out here in all their glory. Down's children are so very sweet and lovable, they really deserve the best.

Nonnie said...

My friend just gave me some of her irises. I am so excited to see them bloom next year!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

the iris is beautiful. One of my favorite flowers. Nice memory of Caleb picking the flowers. Wishing you a happy day!

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

Wow! What beautiful photos. I just found your blog and it is very nice. I enjoyed your lovely photos.

Connie said...

Your irises are lovely! I enjoy all their many colors too.

L. D. said...

I have this iris and hope it does bloom at my new place. It has been planted now for a couple of years and I should have many blooms.

Brenda said...

Hi Karen,
I have always loved irises, and had many flag iris in the garden of my home in Wales. I forgot to bring some with me when I moved to Ireland and I can not seem to find this variety anywhere. I was in a busy Asda store the other day, in a long queue, and I had a lovely conversation with a young man with Down Syndrome which helped to pass the time I had to wait. He was very friendly.

Theresa said...

I love lilies too and just saw where mine are coming up:) Enjoy your day dear Karen, HUGS!

Red Rose Alley said...

That is one of the prettiest Irises on your Header I've ever seen. The color is stunning. I used to visit my friend who is down syndrome, and she would make dinner for her other friends who had down syndrome, and we would all enjoy each other's company. That is a precious story of Caleb picking the iris from the neighbor's yard to take home. I didn't know the Iris and Lily are related. : )

~Sheri

Louca por porcelana said...

Beautiful iris and adorable memories of your son.The bible verse is so beautiful too!Hugs!

Doris said...

Hoping we get some iris blooms this year....I just love them!

Blog Archive