Saturday, April 20, 2019

He Arose!

Low in the grave He lay,
Jesus, my Savior,
Waiting the coming day,
Jesus, my Lord!
Up from the grave He arose,
With a mighty triumph o'er His foes,
He arose a Victor from the dark domain,
And He lives forever, with His saints to reign.
He arose! He arose!
Hallelujah! Christ arose!


The Son radiates God’s own glory and expresses the very character of God, and he sustains everything by the mighty power of his command. When he had cleansed us from our sins, he sat down in the place of honor at the right hand of the majestic God in heaven. 

Hebrews 1:3

When I was a child, I looked forward to the congregation singing this triumphant hymn every Easter morning.

11 comments :

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

We still sing this song and I love hearing it.

Ginny Hartzler said...

We sing this one at church. I hope you have a wonderful Easter.

Net - "It's a Wonderful Movie" said...

Amen! Jesus is Risen!!!

How grateful I am for His eternal sacrifice for our sins.

God bless you and Happy Easter!!! Net

Laurel Wood said...

I can close my eyes and almost "hear" Charles Worley singing bass on this beloved hymn. Easter blessings to you. xo

Kathy said...

This has always been one of my favorite hymns also. Have a wonderful Resurrection Day.

Red Rose Alley said...

Happy Easter to you, Karen. You are a special blog friend to me. : )

~Sheri

Susie said...

Thank you Karen, for this beautiful post. Happy Easter to you and yours. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Sandi said...

Amen!

Theresa said...

He Arose! Have a blessed Easter dear Karen. Hugs

Connie said...

Such a beautiful hymn!

L. D. said...

This is such a wonderful posting.

Blog Archive