I enjoyed finding many songs I have not heard since childhood. Does anyone remember this?
Look all around you, find someone in need.
Help somebody today.
Though it be little, a neighborly deed,
Help somebody today.
Help somebody today,
Somebody along life's way.
Let sorrow be ended, the friendless be friended.
Oh, help somebody today.
Mrs. Frank Breck

11 comments :
Good Morning, sister. How nice to receive an old hymnal. I don't remember this song but I sure love the lyrics of Mrs. Breck. Wishing you a pleasant day.
we always sung out of the very old Broadman Hymnal. I have not heard this hymn before... someone needs to bring it into the NOW.
I like the lyrics, thank you for sharing. Have a safe weekend.
Carla
I'm not familiar with this song, but I like the lyrics. I hope you have a nice weekend!
Such a nice gift. I have one that was given to me when I graduated HS for singing in the choir that has my name embossed on it.
I LOVE old hymnals, and that one sounds like a keeper for sure. Love that song...it sounds a little familiar, especially the chorus, but not one that gets sung today. I love to sing old hymns. Thank you for sharing this one today. That is a wonderful gift!!!
I too am not familiar with this song, but it is truly good advise.
Lovely words to this hymn. I do not remember it, but we did sing many of the old hymns as I grew up and also when our children were growing up. Things change and time goes on. I still love the old hymns with words that have meaning.
Karen, I have never heard this hymn before. But it certainly has sweet words. There's some beautiful new hymn out now...but those old hymn have so much meaning for us. Enjoy your weekend friend. Blessings, xoxo, Susie
That would be a fun thing to look over finding old tunes.
I love old hymnals and have several. I never heard of that one. I do remember, "Give the World a Smile each Day, helping someone on life's way!"
Many of the hymnals contain songs we never sang in church. I think our leaders had their personal favorites which we sang more than a few times! ;-)
Post a Comment