Our baby sister Mildred was only a few weeks old.
My brother has always been fascinated with planes, rockets, and technology.
We also recalled our grandparents telling how amazed they were the first time they saw an airplane fly over Alpharetta, GA. The first flight landed at Candler air field in Atlanta in 1926 when Grandmother was 32 years old. Today the International airport in Atlanta is the busiest in the world.
13 comments :
Larry kinda has that wind-blown look in this photo! I remember how he would drive us round in round in circles! lol I actually blame him for my grey hair!
Happy birthday to your brother. Wonderful memories. Have a happy day and new week!
I remember standing on the bleachers at a high school football game. Some had looked up and we all so that spook going across the sky. That has ben a long time and I actually remember it.
Such lovely memories ...
Happy Birthday to your brother.
All the best Jan
happy birthday to your brother. I have not seen mine n 10 years, we talk on phone but that is it.
Sputnik was a great find, we watched for it often.It is so nice to share your families love.Your sister always inspires me as well.
Happy Birthday to your brother. He is the same age as my hubby. I don't remember ever seeing Sputnik, but i know we heard about it. I just don't remember much from 1957 as I was only 7...I remember fun things like playing in the back yard and my Dr. Kit I got for Christmas, and my dolls, etc. I was a tomboy and a girlie girl too. Happy days...
Happy birthday to your brother. I was 8 in 1957 and I'm not sure I was aware of Sputnik or other things going on in the world.
Sweet, fun memories. Hope your brother had a Happy Birthday.
"...standing out in the dark and seeing Sputnik move across the sky in 1957."
Funny how fast time marches on and things change.
I recently attended a conference for trainers to teach others how to enter into the prophetic and utilize the word of knowledge. The Pastor there, told how one of their members is a doctor and God is giving them insight for special surgery instruments, and also how to treat cancer to effect a cure. All through the Word of Wisdom and Word of Knowledge (gifts of the Holy Spirit.) May you brother be one who discovers new technology to help others.
I hope your brother had a special birthday. A lovely memory that you and your brother share. I can imagine Atlanta's airport is packed with people coming and going.
~Sheri
You share some great memories! Happy birthday to your brother!
Post a Comment