Friday, May 11, 2018

Above the Storm

When the oceans rise and thunders roar,
I will soar with You above the storm.
Father, You are King over the earth.
I will be still and know You are God.
Find rest my soul in Christ alone.
Know His power in quietness and trust.
Hide me now under You wings.
Cover me with Your mighty hands.
Reuben Morgan

Notice the bird soaring toward the break in the clouds?

14 comments :

Anonymous said...

Beautiful lyrics this morning. I hope you will enjoy your Friday and the Mother's Day weekend. xoxo

Anonymous said...

God is a almighty god! Awesome shot! Nice to see the sun rays coming out of the clouds...

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

God protected us during a severe storm yesterday. We needed the rain, but it was almost too much and the thunder and lightning was as bad as I have seen and heard in a long time. Have a blessed day.

Sylvia said...

How beautiful,Karen. Yes, God covers us with his protection in the storms of our life. Praise Him for his love and mercy!

Sandi said...

In Christ alone...

MadSnapper n Beau said...

the bird almost looks like it is going up into heaven or being raptured.. beautiful shot

Theresa said...

Great picture! Thank you for sharing! Have a blessed day and weekend ahead, HUGS!

L. D. said...

This is so great to read.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Beautiful poem. NO, I had not noticed the bird! I am so glad you mentioned it...it really does make the whole picture; wonderful!

Susie Swanson said...

Beautiful inspirational post. Hope you have a Happy Mother's Day.

Nonnie said...

That is a beautiful song. Happy Mother's Day to you.

Patsy said...

Lovely, God with us always!

Susie said...

Karen, Even in the scariest of storms God is with us. That knowledge helps me thru them. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Connie said...

I do see the bird there. Lovely photo. I love the zinnias in your header too.

Blog Archive