Our family gathered at my place to celebrate my granddaughter's birthday today. Happy 15th birthday to Ashlynn! I have to look up to her now!
Saturday, May 5, 2018
Peonies
Peonies are the state flower of Indiana. You can see them adorning yards in the spring all around southern Indiana.They come in every color except blue. The plants can live for 100 years. When Marco Polo discovered peonies, he reported "roses as big as cabbages."
Our family gathered at my place to celebrate my granddaughter's birthday today. Happy 15th birthday to Ashlynn! I have to look up to her now!
Our family gathered at my place to celebrate my granddaughter's birthday today. Happy 15th birthday to Ashlynn! I have to look up to her now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2018
(
196
)
-
▼
May
(
22
)
- Orchid Garden
- Memorial Day
- Lilies in Bloom
- Neighborly Deed
- It's a Good Thing!
- He Is So Precious to Me
- Reminiscing with my brother
- Only One Life
- Reflection
- Things to be glad about
- Still Waters
- The Fabulous Fifties
- Enough Light for the Step I'm On
- Remembering Mother
- Wisdom
- Above the Storm
- At the Pond
- May Flowers in New Jersey
- Peonies
- By the Sea
- What To Do?
- Balloon Race
-
▼
May
(
22
)


10 comments :
I have never seen a lavender one before, it is gorgeous!! I guess you know that they need ants in order for the buds to open. It is a symbiotic relationship.
Happy Birthday to your granddaughter, Karen. This is a cute picture of her. Oh, Peonies are so pretty. I heard they are part of the "Rose" family, do you know? Wow, the plants can sure live a long time. They kind of DO look like cabbages, don't they?
Have a lovely Sunday.
~Sheri
Happy birthday to your beautiful granddaughter... I have only seen peoinies in a vase at work when someone got them, have never seen them growing.
Peonies are so pretty and smell so sweet. Happy Birthday to your granddaughter Karen...15 years old - bet she feels she is 'grown'! lol
Happy Birthday to Ashlynn. I think peonies are so pretty. Mother had a white variety with the petals edged in a rose color. They smelled so sweet.
Happy birthday to your granddaughter. I've never seen one this color before. it's so beautiful. I have several but they're all pink and white ones.
Oh how I love Peonies, but this is another flower that can't grow in Florida. I was totally surprised by them when we lived in a rented house in Ohio. I had no idea what they were when they suddenly popped up and opened into such luscious big blossoms. I fell in love with them. I was so disappointed to learn that I could not grow them here. Thank you for this info. Happy Birthday to your lovely granddaughter!!
Happy Birthday to your sweet Ashlyn. Peonies are my very favorite and I can't wait for them to bloom each year. Would love to see all the peonies blooming everywhere, but you seldom see the here in Texas.
I hope your granddaughter had a nice birthday. Peonies are one of my favorites. I love their fragrance.
I do like peonies.
Birthday Wishes for your grand-daughter.
All the best Jan
Post a Comment