Thursday, May 3, 2018

By the Sea

What makes us feel carefree
about sitting at the edge of the sea 
and watching the waves roll in
and rush away again?

My daughter's family loves to visit the 
Atlantic beaches in Florida.
When my children were young, we went to the gulf.
I especially liked the sugary white sand
 on Santa Rosa Sound.

Do you have a favorite beach?

14 comments :

Anonymous said...

This is such a colorful photos of the granddaughters! The beaches on the coast of NC are very pretty but summertime is so hot there!

Sylvia said...

Oh yes, I love this also. My favorite place is Mexico Beach, Florida. Just a 30 minute drive from Panama City Beach There we stay at the Driftwood Inn, it's right on the ocean. You literally walk out your door and step a few steps and your toes will be in the water.

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

We too, took our children to the beach, year after year, when they were growing up. We went to Destin, FL and see now how much it has changed. I preferred the
good old days!

MadSnapper n Beau said...

I love all beaches, and was blessed to be raised going to Tybee Island in Savannah and also here to Anna Maria.... our favorite of all beaches is Ormond Beach FL

Ginny Hartzler said...

Do you know, I have never been to a beach. My mom told me we went once when I was very young, but I don't remember it. My son and his family go several times a summer, and it is their favorite place to go. I think a lot of people find peace when in nature. The stresses of life seem to melt away. God created this just for us, and it works perfectly! Beautiful sea header!

Connie said...

It's amazing how relaxing it can be just to watch the waves go in and out. We have visited Myrtle Beach several times and enjoy it there.

Patsy said...

Tossup Fl. and Ca.and Cancun Mexico, Just happy I saw them and played on the beaches.

Doris said...

Beautiful photo. My favorite place is a beach....any beach! We mostly go to NJ or DE. But I've been to the white sandy beaches of the Gulf a long time ago....dreaming of going again some day!!

a joyful noise said...

So happy your granddaughters can enjoy the beach. Your photos are lovely.

Lowcarb team member said...

Thanks for sharing your photograph.

There is something good about being by the sea or indeed water ... sometimes peaceful, often fun but always good for the soul. I come away feeling lifted somehow.

Happy Friday (it will soon be here) and good wishes for the weekend too.

All the best Jan

Pamela M. Steiner said...

We always go to Ormond Beach, on the Atlantic coast. That is the closest to us, and it is also at the north end of all the activity, away from the Daytona crowds, and with a more private nature walk on the beach. We haven't been in way too long to satisfy me...I'm thinking it's about time to go.

Breathing In Grace said...

Hi, Ms. Karen. I found you at Ms. Pamela's blog and wanted to stop by and invite you to join in our Friday Foto Friends. My favorite place to visit is Sullivan's Island, SC...the Charleston area! Not so much for the beaches, but just the area and atmosphere! HOPE you have a wonderful weekend.

Susie said...

Karen, I use to visit Daytona beach a lot. Now I seem to go NO where...so it's good to have memories. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Red Rose Alley said...

I guess my favorite beach would be the one by Jess' house. She lives only five minutes from the ocean. : )

~Sheri

Blog Archive