I love to see the flowers bloom from spring throughout the fall
But summer's glorious colors are the sunniest of all.
Glads make me happy and lilies lift my chin
But those bright-eyed black-eyed Susans always make me grin.
Karen
Karen
Enjoy the last half of August!
Thanks to sister Mildred for sharing her pretty flower pics with me!
I just learned that black eyed Susans and coneflowers are members of the Sunflower family.
I love to see the fields of sunflowers in Kansas.
Thanks to sister Mildred for sharing her pretty flower pics with me!
I just learned that black eyed Susans and coneflowers are members of the Sunflower family.
I love to see the fields of sunflowers in Kansas.

14 comments :
Love the poem and glad you enjoy the flower pics. We have enjoyed many butterflies in the garden the last few days. Hope you have a pleasant evening. xoxo
Your sister definitely has a 'green thumb', and the flowers are so pretty.
LOVE your poem!! It is professional for sure.
Oh, that is such a fitting poem!
Hello, Karen! The flowers are lovely. Summer is my favorite time of the year.
Love the poem. Enjoy your day and the week ahead.
Beautiful flowers and poem! Made me smile:) Have a blessed day dear Karen, HUGS!
I am with you on the grin part of yellow flowers. yellow flowers lift my spirits, sunflowers and daisies what ever they are.
Her flowers look great. I am missing seeing any flowers blooming at the old place. I didn't take care of them so they are all gone for the summer. I seem to be mourning the loss of summer as it has gone by too fast. It was too busy.
Sweet poem and beautiful flowers! It is a lovely time of year.
My mother always grew gladiolus. A striking beauty in any garden! You are a talented poet, Karen. Thanks for sharing the words and pictures!
I enjoy the photos of flowers and must purchase me a flowering plant for my pleasure. Our weather has caused my bushes to dry up. I am sure my hydrangea is not dead and will come back, but the flowers are gone. Years ago, I was given a small African violet by an older lady who my husband was doing a job for. I did not even meet her, but she was kind to tell Robert, "Here take this home to your wife." At that time, I had a corner window in my kitchen and it was the perfect place for my plant. It was lost in the move, and I did not replace it. Thank you for visiting my post and your precious comments. Yes, KISS is the perfect abbreviation to keep it simple. We often make salvation too complicated. :-)
Yes, those black-eyes Susans are quite pretty. I didn't know they were related to the sunflower. Makes sense as the sunflower is a beauty.
~Sheri
*please tell Mildred hello and thinking of her in blog land. : )
Such beautiful flowers, really enjoyed reading your words too.
All the best Jan
Delightful summer flowers!! Mine are all done for the summer. Too hot and wet here I think, plus I really don't grow many flowers in summer. Spring is better here. Looking forward to fall and some fall mums! Love your poem. You are very talented! Enjoy the last half of August!! yes, we will too. Tomorrow is our 48th anniversary! Hard to believe. God is good.
Post a Comment