Jesus looked up to heaven and blessed it, broke it, and gave it to the disciples to hand out. Jesus performed the miracle of enough...and twelve baskets of more than enough..
Jesus takes what seems not quite good enough and works miracles that I cannot imagine. It is not up to me to make things work; it is up to Him. When I admit that I'm less than enough, then He has an opportunity to be more than enough. Isn't it interesting that as He broke the bread, it multiplied.
I need to remember that sometimes when things seem to be breaking, that is because Jesus wants me to see that He is more than enough for every need.
Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver. And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work
2 Corinthians 9:7-8

14 comments :
Good Morning, Sister, and thank you for sharing this. I wish you a blessed day. xoxo
Hello, this is a wonderful story and post. It feels good to be able to give more than to take. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day and new week ahead.
Amen. Good word this morning.
Very good post this morning. I always need to trust Him more, and me less, and He will work miracles for me.
I like that your granddaughter was reading you the parable of the loaves, that is as sweet as the words she read to you..
Enough... sigh! That is good to hear.
:)
Karen, I love this post...so good your sweet granddaughter read of the fishes and loaves.. Blessings, xoxo, Susie
A wonderful Sunday devotional, put very well. Love your zinnia header!!
Nice post! Wishing you a happy Sunday.
Enough! Our portion is enough! I think of the kids of today and how for many of them-enough is never enough---and that goes right over into the adult world, too....one of wanting more and more and more.
Hope you have a peaceful, blessed night, Karen. xo Diana
A lovely post, Karen. I've always liked the "fish and loaves" story. I actually just saw it on tv recently.
Have a blessed week coming up.
~Sheri
Karen, this is such a great post...it is really something to think about.
Just what I needed to read this morning. Indeed, He is more than enough.
Such a beautiful post, Karen...and so very true! Have a blessed week!
Post a Comment