Friday, July 13, 2018

Blotted Out

I made your rebellious acts disappear 
like a thick cloud
    and your sins like the morning mist.
    Come back to me, 
because I have reclaimed you.
Isaiah 44:22 God's Word 

We have crazy weather in the Ohio Valley that can quickly change from sunny to gray. During one sudden storm, the Lord reminded me that His mercy has blotted out my sin like the clouds blot out the blue sky. I hope that I will remember this next time I see dark clouds roll in.

Come now, and let us reason together,” saith the Lord. “Though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.
Isaiah 1:18 KJV

10 comments :

Ginny Hartzler said...

They sure are wonderful bible verses. We are HIS!

MadSnapper n Beau said...

this post reminded me of a sermon I heard years ago, I think it is written in the back of one of my Bibles. this is what I remember. our sins will still be written in the book, but picture it with Jesus blood flowing over the page and blotting out our name and the sins...

Connie said...

What a reassurance those clouds are! Thank you for sharing these verses to serve as a good reminder.

Patsy said...

We rejoice in our faith in Christ, thanks for the WORD To Day.

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

So thankful when I stray, I can come back to my Father immediately and He is there. My 'grey' turns to 'blue' again with Him.

Anonymous said...

A beautiful post this morning and I also liked Sandra's comment. A little too muggy/wet to walk today. Hope you have an enjoyable Saturday.

Red Rose Alley said...

This photo goes perfect with these very special words. It has been a scorcher here, in the 100's, but the other day was overcast and cooler. I know what you mean about unpredictable weather. Isn't it strange?

Have a restful weekend, Karen. : )

~Sheri

Carla from The River said...

Very true .. thank you my friend.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

So thankful for God's short memory when it comes to my sins. But He never forgets ME, His precious child. Praise God.

a joyful noise said...

Your photo is striking reminding us that our sins are blotted out.

Blog Archive