and a sheltering stronghold
to which I may continually resort,
which You have appointed to save me,
for You are my Rock and my Fortress.
For You are my Hope
Psalm 71:3,5a Amplified
I have received several prayer requests this week from ladies about my age that are going though heartaches, illnesses, grief, downsizing, and terminal diagnoses. Does it often seem that troubles flood in all at once!
When I read the verse today about a rock of refuge, I remembered a story about Laura Ingalls who once climbed up on a large rock that she was surprised to see on the prairie, just in time to escape a stampeding herd of cattle. After the noise and clouds of dust had died down, she realized she had been safe on the rock.
O sometimes the shadows are deep
And rough seems the path to the goal.
And sorrows sometimes how they sweep
Like tempests down over my soul.
O then to the Rock let me fly.
To the Rock that is higher than I.
Erastus Johnson

11 comments :
I am so thankful for the High Rock.
I love this story! And what a gorgeous eagle picture, even the sky is beautiful.
you matched the verse, the song and the photo perfectly. they all tell the same story... On Crist the solid rock I stand is now in my head, the song I mean
Karen, This is a wonderful post. I think many prayers for others is very good for those suffering. There's great power in prayer. Blessings, xoxo, Susie
Wonderful words to live by, thanks.
So much trouble in this world, so happy to know God
said he would never leave us.We just have to keep
looking up.
Oh yes, each day will bring a set of problems, but Jesus our Rock is one we can trust. He carries our pain, our sickness, our sorrow and our fear - - so that we need not carry it any longer. See it nailed to the cross as you use your imagination to visualize it done.
I am grateful for the refuge we are provided. Hope you are having a good day today.
What a precious post. Wishing you a very pleasant evening. xo
Karen, I needed this today. As the days get closer for Sam to leave for Basic, some days I just get in a blue mood. I need to keep my chin up and keep talking to God.
Love, Carla
There is power in prayer …
All the best Jan
I delighted in your post today, Karen, as I still watch Little House on the Prairie reruns. I'd have to say it's my favorite show. Simpler times back then. I am wondering what episode this was when she climbed on the big rock to escape a stampeding herd of cattle.....or was it just in a book you read?
Have a peaceful Sunday.
~Sheri
Post a Comment