Saturday, July 28, 2018

Lord, Lighten My Load

We had purchased every item on the teacher's list. My 7 year-old son packed his backpack for the first day of school. Poor guy thought he had to carry all of it to school on the first day. He put it on, only to tumble backwards from the weight of it!

I remembered that long ago scene as I read the Bible this morning, realizing that Jesus longs to lighten our loads. He bears our burdens DAILY...if we will let him.

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Matthew 11:28-30\

There have been times when God has removed me from a situation because He had something better just ahead. And He assured me: If it is His will for me, it will be a blessing to those I love also.

Song: Come to me you weary one and I will give you rest, sung by Jessie Rogers
https://youtu.be/x35kWEK56KQ

8 comments :

Carla from The River said...

Karen,
This is so good, thank you for sharing.
Love, Carla

Ginny Hartzler said...

What a wonderful analogy. Yes, sometimes God can see that we are too close to a situation for our own good! Your header is gorgeous, the flowers look like velvet.

MadSnapper n Beau said...

what a precious memory of your son, and it is perfect for the scripture..

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

If we will just trust Him, He will lighten our load sooner or later.

Red Rose Alley said...

I can just see your son with that big 'ole back pack on the first day of school and tumbling over from the weight of it. They were SOOOO heavy, weren't they? I once lifted Jess' back pack and thought, "these are much too heavy for these kids to carry all day."

Oh, school days are coming, Karen. I bet this brings back so many memories for you being a teacher and all. : )

~Sheri

*Jesus longs to lighten our loads.....that is a wonderful sentence.

Anonymous said...

What a precious post. Beautiful scripture. xoxo

Connie said...

Cute story about your son, and it fit so well as an analogy.

L. D. said...

It is great to remember than God does shift our loads and sometimes carries them too.

Blog Archive