Papa raised big strong mules to pull plows. Papa said the secret was just to get a mule moving! He would worry about heading him in the right direction after that.
Sometimes the Lord must feel that way about us. Our Bible Study lesson this morning was about God trying to convince Moses to obey and head back to Egypt. The miracles would be up to God.
Exodus 4:10-13
Show me Your ways, O LORD;
Teach me Your paths.
Psalm 25:4
Teach me Your paths.
Psalm 25:4

9 comments :
almost always your memories are much like my memories, but today none of them match. we had no truck, no apple trees and no mules. I enjoy your memories a lot.. and I love the story about the mule and getting him started, I have been told many times by my dad that I am MULE headed. hee haw
What a good analogy! Your childhood sounds idyllic!
What a wonderful memory riding in the back of your dad's truck on the country road. Ripe blackberries, Yummy. Blackberry jam has been my favorite lately. This is a charming story with a special message. Thank you, Karen.
~Sheri
Those memories are so sweet. I am sure God will show us the right direction if we just ask.
What precious childhood memories on the farm. I love that. And yes, we tend to be like those mules...if we would just get up and take that first step, God will take care of the rest. It's all about faith and trust. But sometimes we are just too blind, deaf and dumb to see what God is trying to do. "Open my eyes, Lord..."
Great lesson:) Have a blessed day dear Karen, HUGS!
Karen, I like this post...yes we are all some times mule headed , as my mother would say. So thankful our Lord has patience with all of us. Blessings, xoxo, Susie
For most of my life, I lived in the city, but during the summer we would spend a week at my Grandparents ranch. Grandpa had a tractor, and raised oranges and olives. He would take eggs and vegetables into town and holler, "Egg Man" and the ladies would come and purchase fresh eggs etc from his truck.
Memories are good to have and also to make for your family and children.
I love this memory and especially the analogy about the mule. Your morning glories picture is so pretty.
Post a Comment