Saturday, July 14, 2018

.
May you have the power to understand, 
as all God’s people should,
 how wide, how long, how high, and how deep 
His love is. 
Ephesians 3:18

I have been watching some of the TV series based on the book Christy by Catherine Marshall. The setting was the Great Smoky Mountains.

My first year of teaching in public school was in a rural county in north Georgia, We could see the foothills of the mountains in the distance. The series brings back fond memories of those children, who called me "Teacher".

10 comments :

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

I have prayed for teachers for many years, as I know the job they have isnt always easy, but fulfilling. Our daughter teaches English in High School and loves every day of it. I know you did too.

Lady Jane said...

I used to love that series. Hubby and I started watching the Waltons. We picked up where we left off years ago. We are watching episodes we never saw. hugs, lj

Ginny Hartzler said...

We loved the Christy series! I like the actress who played her, too. Kellie Martin, I believe. We watched her years ago in a wonderful series called "Life Goes On". Your job must have been wonderful, and so edifying.

Ginny Hartzler said...

P.S. Your header is gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Good Morning, A beautiful verse to start my day. I loved that tv series and always enjoyed the beautiful mountain scenery. Your career as a teacher touched many lives. Wouldn't it be fun to see some of those "kids" today!

MadSnapper n Beau said...

I read the verse and immediately the song deep and wide is in my head, with all the hand signals that go with it. I wonder how many times I sang that song over the years...I always enjoy your memories from the past, I had a few teachers we called teacher

Theresa said...

Beautiful! Oh how I love the mountains! Enjoy your day dear Karen, HUGS!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, love the verse and photo photo. The mountain views are lovely.
Happy Sunday, enjoy your day and new week!

Nonnie said...

I loved that book by Catherine Marshall.

Connie said...

Beautiful photo in your header! Teachers are such an important part of our society. I'm glad that you enjoyed your work as a teacher.

Blog Archive