Saturday, June 16, 2018

What About Lunch?

My Bible study teacher is 86 years old, and she has so much knowledge of the scriptures, and much wisdom. But to tell you the truth, I also like the part after the closing prayer when she says, "Where will we go for lunch today?" Then we pile into some cars and go for a sandwich. That's where I get to know the ladies. There are lots of stories and laughter, and many friendships are formed around the table.

12 comments :

MadSnapper n Beau said...

this is so true, lunch with friends is an amazing lift to the day... after our TOPS meeting the leader says how many are going to breakfast? she does a count so the first one there can reserve the tables.

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Oh, my SS class is exactly the same, and it is such a blessing to me too.

Lowcarb team member said...

Yes, it's so true stories, laughter, togetherness, friendships are special.

All the best Jan

Connie said...

So true that it is easier to get to know a person when you are sharing a meal. :)

Nonnie said...

I agree. That's fellowshipping and where we get to know one another!! And laugh!!

Patsy said...

That is fun going out for lunch
with like mined lady's.
I am so happy that our lunch out
lady's are church people.

Karen said...

I've been on the low card diet for two weeks now. I just noticed that I've been posting a lot about FOOD! lol

Arlene G said...

A friend of mine is in a Bible Study on Tuesdays and they ALWAYS go to lunch together. Sweet fellowship is good for everyone.

Theresa said...

So true! What about lunch, works for me too. Hope you are enjoying your Saturday. Hugs

Red Rose Alley said...

How nice that you have a Bible Study class, Karen. I've always wanted to join one. I do, however, meet a close friend at church once a week and we talk and pray and talk some more. That's really special that you all get together after and go get a bite to eat. : )

~Sheri

Anonymous said...

So thankful that you have this opportunity each week. I know you treasure your time and fellowship together. xo

Out on the prairie said...

A meal shared with good friends always has a nice charm.

Blog Archive