Sunday, June 3, 2018

Strength in Weakness

Ask the Savior to help you,
Comfort, strengthen and keep you.
He is willing to aid you,
He will carry you through.
Horatio Palmer

The apostle Paul wrote: Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me. But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” 

Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.  For the sake of Christ, then I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
2 Corinthians 12:8-10

So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day.
2 Corinthians 4:16

Jesus said "I will ask the Father and He will give you another Helper who will be with you forever." John 14:16

11 comments :

Anonymous said...

A very beautiful and uplifting post today. Wishing you a very nice Sunday afternoon. xoxo Love you

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

1 Samuel 2:30
"..................... for them that honour me I will honour, and they that despise me shall be lightly esteemed."

Patsy said...

(Thanks for posting the wonderful Word of God)

a joyful noise said...

Reminds me of the song that goes something like this: "I am weak but He is strong, Keep me Jesus from all wrong, I'll be satisfied as long, as I walk close to thee. Always enjoy your lovely photos.

Sandi said...

Amen...

Susie Swanson said...

Amen. Good inspirational post. Just what I needed today.

Red Rose Alley said...

These are wonderful verses today, Karen. Just wonderful. I liked them very much.

~Sheri

Ginny Hartzler said...

So true! Troubles can bring us closer to God. What a cute pair of Mallards!

Lady Jane said...

God bless you. You always have such nice posts. Happy Sunday. Hugs, lj

Out on the prairie said...

We go through many trials to better understand life. Your sister caught that I put the Lily of the valley for you. What a lovely fragrance, I always stop to smell it.

Connie said...

Reassuring scriptures! Have a great week.

Blog Archive