Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Showers of Blessings

Can you remember getting caught out in a sudden rainstorm with no shelter in sight?
That seemed to happen to me often when I was a young student in downtown Atlanta 
coming and going from work to Georgia State University.

I would get off the bus at Five Points and walk several blocks. The breeze would feel like a wind tunnel between the tall buildings and the passing cars would turn puddles into tidal waves. During one torrential rain, I ran into some of my friends who were also soaked. We ducked into the Baptist Student Union building. Taking off my saddle oxfords full of water, someone started a wet sock fight. We all laughed until we cried. Sometimes we have to look for the blessings - and humor - in the showers.


10 comments :

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Love the memory, and you are right, we need to find the good when thngs seem bad. Have a nice evening.

Ginny Hartzler said...

A fun story! Yes, we need to make the very best of bad situations.

Anonymous said...

I remember you talking about the wind between the buildings. The one and only time I attended a GA Tech football game downtown, it rained!

Nonnie said...

Now that sounds pretty fun and a great attitude in a storm! Last night we had a severe storm come through that jolted me out of sleep at 1:30 with high winds and hail that sounded awful! I went to the other bedroom and tried to listen to Jill Briscoe. She was teaching on getting through the storms of life! I found that pretty ironic.

Red Rose Alley said...

Such a cute story, Karen. I loved it.

~Sheri

MadSnapper n Beau said...

Precious Memory. I have never had a sock fight, but I have been caught in the rain when I lived in Georgia... it has been many years, no rain on me since I retired in 06. I used to wade through puddles in the rain to get to my car when I got off from work.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, what a nice memory and story. You got to look for the good in the bad, look for rainbows after the rain. Happy Thursday, Enjoy your day!

Out on the prairie said...

It seemed to rain most for my 8 o'clock class, got good use from my umbrella.

Lowcarb team member said...

Fun to read your story ...
Always try to look on the bright side!

All the best Jan

Connie said...

That's a fun memory, and I agree it always helps to look for the humor in a situation. Have a nice weekend!

Blog Archive