Saturday, June 30, 2018

Outdoor Concert

Present day view of skyline of midtown Atlanta from Piedmont Park.
Piedmont Park in 1968 Our choir and orchestra from Georgia State University presented a patriotic program. I still remember feeling goosebumps when we sang My Country 'Tis of Thee  as the music came to a crescendo on a warm July evening. My Dad, after a long day at work, stayed for the program to drive me home.
Our fathers' God, to Thee,
Author of liberty,
To Thee we sing.
Long may our land be bright
With freedom's holy light;
Protect us by Thy might,
Great God, our King.



9 comments :

Doris said...

Beautiful picture of Atlanta and an equally beautiful memory you shared!
Have a wonderful Sunday, Karen!

Anonymous said...

A very sweet memory. Beautiful lyrics. Wishing you a very nice Sunday. xo

BCAUSEHELIVES.blogspot.com said...

Sweet memory. Happy July 1st!

MadSnapper n Beau said...

our nation is truly in need of this prayer you posted. I love music that makes the hair tingle on my arms.

a joyful noise said...

When the World's Fair opened on Treasure Island (between Oakland and San Francisco) My mother took us to the many free exhibits. I remember a presentation of how we got our flag and about the Star Spangled banner. Goose bumps were in order as we realized our freedom was purchased with great price. I know you were also thrilled to participate in a wonderful pageant. Your father was a good man to be there for you.

Connie said...

That's a pretty night-time picture of Atlanta. Music can be very moving for us at times.

Carla from The River said...

I always enjoy your memories.
xx oo
Carla

Lady Jane said...

Wonderful pic and a nice memory. You and Mildred always have such beautiful memories to share. hugs, lj

Lowcarb team member said...

That is a beautiful picture :)

All the best Jan

Blog Archive