This morning I was thinking about the wildflowers that grew near our house in Georgia when I was young. Remembering when times were more peaceful, and children could play freely and explore the neighborhood and take time to notice the flowers and birds, and clouds.
You will keep him in perfect peace
whose minds is stayed on You
because he trusts in You.
Isaiah 26:3
The peace of God,
which surpasses all understanding,
will guard your hearts and minds
through Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:7
The Lord is close to the brokenhearted;
He rescues those whose spirits are crushed.
Psalm 34:18



11 comments :
I think of the 'good old days' from time to time also. The flowers are so bright and pretty. Wishing you a nice Monday.
yes i do remember. as a child we played in fields full of flocks. they were so beautiful and i picked them by the hand full to take inside... now we have to buy them and plant them and take care, back then they grew wild. we played hide n seek in that field also.
When we lived on the farm in PA (until I was 5), I remember daisies and dandelions and apple blossoms. I know there were others, but I was too little to appreciate them then. However, my sister and I used to make little circlets of daisies to wear in our hair. Somewhere there is a picture of that, but I don't have it...it is lost somewhere in the stacks of boxes of pictures from my parents' home that my sister now has stored in her house. Someday we hope to go through them all and remember our childhood again... Happy Memories of a happy time when things were definitely much different than they are today.
I liked walking barefoot in the grass and lying on my back looking at clouds. The kids in the neighborhood played outside for hours. We would play ball until it was too dark to see the ball coming toward us! lol
Sweet memories of home and our loving parents and neighbors. Thankful for the freedom/safety of playing outdoors and learning to appreciate God's beautiful surroundings. God bless your day. Love you.
A dandelion bouquet for my mother, then I received them from my kids and now from my Grands. Weeds can be special too :)
We loved laying on the grass looking for things in the clouds. Good memories.
Have a wonderful Monday!
Beautiful verses!
My Iris are in bloom and are so beautiful. Thank you for the scriptures you selected for today. I posted each one separate on Face Book, and they are blessing several who are responding to each one.
Gorgeous flowers today! What are the big white ones? Are the last ones morning glories? Yes, when I was growing up we would go out and play all day! Perfect peace back then was no fear of anything! No terrorists, serial killers, or any of the other fearful things that are so common today. The world is now a completely different place, and not for the better.
A very nice post of "peace" to start my week with. Thank you, Karen. Yes, a different time back then, and I often think about it too.....when us kids would roam the neighborhood for hours, just being kids. These Purple flowers are stunning.
May peace be with you this week, Karen. : )
~Sheri
Lovely photos! Yes, I think kids had more opportunities to enjoy nature years ago than they do now. Wishing you a peaceful day.
Post a Comment