Monday, April 16, 2018

This is my prayer


To keep Your lovely face 
ever before my eyes
This is my prayer. 
Make it my strong desire
That in my secret heart 
no other love competes.
No rival throne survives,
and I serve only You.

I think the words to this song express my prayer that in these chaotic times, we will not be deceived by counterfeit 'gods', In times like these, more than ever, we need a Savior. Also praying for our leaders and our military and the innocent victims of war.

10 comments :

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

'Service' has been my Pastor's message for a couple of Sundays. How important it is to serve our God and others. I pray for those in service guarding this country, and pray those who are involved in war, both here and abroad. I pray for the President and leaders of this country, as they have a job most of us cannot imagine.

Theresa said...

Great message dear Karen! Thank you for sharing it with us! I am praying for all of those protecting our Country and the leaders directing their actions! Have a blessed day, HUGS!

Arlene G said...

Oh so true Karen...it is easy to get distracted from what really matters!!

MadSnapper n Beau said...

Prayers for our country and leaders and those victims we see on TV... a message our world needs to hear and heed

Sylvia said...

Amen, Karen!

Red Rose Alley said...

Yes, the victims of war saddens me, especially the precious children.
As I was writing this, I looked up at your post and saw this beautiful picture of Jesus and the child. : )

~Sheri

Aritha V. said...

Thank you. Is so nice.

Carla from The River said...

I am praying with you Karen.
Love to you,
Carla

Susie said...

Karen, Thank you for this post. I love your prayer. I too pray for our leaders. I pray that all leaders will do the right things for their countries people. The kind thing. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

Connie said...

These are indeed chaotic times, and we need to stay centered on Christ more than ever.

Blog Archive