
"Happy Guy" has a laugh that makes everyone around him stop and smile. As a substitute teacher I was supervising some children in the gym one day. Happy Guy climbed into a huge box full of foam balls and began throwing them to each of his friends. Each time they would throw one back to him, the peals of laughter would ring out again. He is a child with Down syndrome.
His joy made me think. When is the last time I laughed until I lost my breath?
Thank You, Jesus, that You are not a gloomy gus. I imagine that there is a "ball pit" in Heaven and a whole lot of laughter there!
“I have loved you even as the Father has loved me. Remain in my love.
When you obey my commandments, you remain in my love, just as I obey my Father’s commandments and remain in his love.
I have told you these things so that you will be filled with my joy. Yes, your joy will overflow!
This is my commandment: Love each other in the same way I have loved you."
John 15:9-12 NLT
8 comments :
:)
This was sweet. Thank you!!
I love the picture of the Laughing Jesus...that is how I imagine Him...smiling, laughing, and rejoicing as we each enter heaven's gates! He will celebrate each and every one of us...maybe even "high five" us ...I know it will be a grand and glorious day no matter what. Yes, our joy should be overflowing all the time...we are children of the King!!
Laughter and love can go a long way.
Joy and laughter are wonderful gifts we have been given.
A beautiful verse you have shared. I wish you a very nice weekend.
now that you have mentioned it, i can't remember how long it has been since i was breathless from laughing and brought to tears. maybe a year ago we watched a movie that had us both laughing until we cried. i love this story of the boy who was full of joy.... laughter is healing..
We all need a good laugh, I truly think it heals the soul:) Have a blessed day dear Karen, HUGS!
We all need to have a good laugh, it helps in so many ways.
All the best Jan
Post a Comment