Monday, March 26, 2018

The Best Is Yet To Be

A family at church was planning the funeral of their grandmother. They shared the story with the pastor that when they were kids, the large family would gather at Granny's for Sunday dinner. Granny had just enough silverware for the number of relatives, and she would always remind them: "Clear those dinner plates, but hold onto your fork!"

Before she served them a slice of her homemade cake, she would have them hold up their fork and say, "The best is yet to be!"


In his remarks at the funeral, the Pastor paid tribute to a life filled with hope and love, and reminded them, "The best is yet to be!"

"With Jesus, even in our darkest moments,
 the best remains and the very best is yet to be."

Corrie ten Boom

10 comments :

Sandi said...


:)

Connie said...

Sweet story. I agree, the best is yet to be.

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

I love that! I have a print hanging on my wall saying 'The Best Is Yet To Come', and that is for sure.

Ginny Hartzler said...

This is a wonderful story! I will put it on our Prayer Line, everyone will enjoy it.

a joyful noise said...

God is good and his blessings abound - - but the best is YET to come.

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh, I loved this story, Karen. There's always room for CAKE!

Yes, the best is yet to be. : )

~Sheri

MadSnapper n Beau said...

I love this story.. The best is yet to be! perfect. for the cake and for the after life.

Patsy said...

So true!Love your header

Lowcarb team member said...

Such a lovely story you've shared here.

... and the flowers in your header look wonderful.

All the best Jan

L. D. said...

Great story. I think my mom would do that so she didn’t have to wash up so many pieces afterwards.

Blog Archive