Lie all the sins once charged to me
Buried for time and eternity
Down in the deepest sea.
I like to picture my sins buried in the deepest part of the ocean. The Challenger Deep in the Mariana Trench is the deepest known point in Earth's oceans, almost 7 miles below sea level.The Lord has been dealing with me (again) about forgiving others - not just big offenses from years ago - but little hurtful comments from a neighbor that I let irritate me and ruin my day.
I am so thankful that God forgives.
I would not want anyone to go fishing
for my past sins.
Help me, Lord, to forgive
as I have been forgiven.
I have a Friend whose faithful love
Is more than all the world to me;
It's higher than the heights above,
And deeper than the boundless sea.
(anonymous)
I would not want anyone to go fishing
for my past sins.
Help me, Lord, to forgive
as I have been forgiven.
I have a Friend whose faithful love
Is more than all the world to me;
It's higher than the heights above,
And deeper than the boundless sea.
(anonymous)

10 comments :
"But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you," Matthew 5:44
....This helps me forgive. It's weird how it works. Pray blessings for them and blessings come to you too. Weird!
Life is just so DAILY Karen...it seems every day we have an opportunity to love and forgive. It can often be hard. Thanks for your encouragement.
so hard to do, the forgiveness thing. and i think hurtful words are the hardest to get past or leave in the past.
I am so blessed when I consider how we are justified by God’s amazing grace & so ashamed of my own inclination to grieve Him.
People can be so hurtful. I try to really guard what I say to others. God bless you.
Forgiveness can be a difficult thing to do. I like the thought of our sins being buried in the deepest part of the sea.
I love this deep sea poem!! And I bet you wrote it! I always love your poetry, and I never get enough of it. I really like knowing your fact about the deepest part. We cannot forget, and trying even makes it worse. But we can forgive, and leave the rest to God.
Wow, an ocean that keeps going for seven miles, that's amazing.
Hang in there with your neighbor, Karen. Sometimes people have very bad days,
and maybe you were there at the exact time she needed to vent. But I know, it's hard. : )
~Sheri
We all have those days, but thankfully we know who can give us the peace through His love and understanding. Just keep looking to Him.
Karen, this is so good. Thank you, I too have trouble forgiving people, so I understand.
I had a person who was not very nice this past summer. It was hard for me to show grace. With the help of God, because I could not do it alone, I got though it.
Post a Comment