This is my Father's world.
The birds their carols raise,
The morning light, the lily white
Declare their Maker's praise.
Maltbie Babcock
I've found a friend in Jesus,
He's everything to me.
He's the fairest of ten thousand to my soul.
The lily of the valley
In Him alone I see
All I need to cleanse and make me fully whole.
In sorrow He's my comfort
In trouble He's my stay.
He tells me every care on Him to roll.
He's the lily of the valley,
The bright and morning star.
He's the fairest of ten thousand to my soul.
Charles W. Fry
So cheer up! Take courage
if you are depending on the Lord.
Psalm 31:24 Living Bible
If we must keep trusting God
for something that hasn't happened yet.
it teaches us to wait patiently and confidently.
Romans 8:25


14 comments :
Hello, love the lily. Beautiful words and post. Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend. Happy Easter to you and your family!
I am depending on my Lord, every single day of my life. He is my friend.
i have not heard this song in many years, most churches don't sing these old beautiful hymns anymore... my mother loved Easter lilies and always had a few growing in her yard
Two of my favorite hymns. Such meaningful lyrics. It is a beautiful time of the year. Easter blessings to you and your family.
Thank you for this beautiful reminder - HE IS RISEN. I love the old hymns, and it is good to pull them from the archives and listen and to sing them again.
Beautiful pictures and words, thank you.
All the best Jan
Lovely, lovely post. Happy Easter to you, Karen!
Hallelujah! He's the Lily of the Valley, the bright and morning star...He's the fairest of ten thousand to my soul!! I love that old song! In sorrow He's my comfort, In troubles He's my stay... (i can't remember all the words by heart, but I know most of them. ) I cast my every care on Him to roll...Hallelujah!...Have a blessed and Happy Easter, because of Jesus!!!! We have hope for tomorrow!!
Beautiful! Singing His praises here this morning! Have a blessed Easter weekend dear Karen, HUGS!
I am depending on the Lord, every day, in every way! Have a happy Saturday.
Beautiful springtime flowers! The hymns were sung often in my church and Christian school I went to for grade school. May you have a very blessed Easter, Karen!
Wanted to make sure I came by and wished you a Happy Easter, dear friend. : )
~Sheri
I hope you have a nice Easter! Lovely words today.
He is Risen Indeed! Happy Easter Karen.
Post a Comment