"Finding meaning in our difficulties
is necessary for survival.
It's far more important than skills, talents,
intelligence, or change of circumstances.
In God's kingdom,
meaning can always be found in suffering.
meaning can always be found in suffering.
It is meaning that sustains us
through deep disappointments
through deep disappointments
and allows us to perceive HIS-appointments."
from Angel Behind the Rocking Chair
by Pam Vredevelt,
an inspiring book about her son with
Down syndrome.
16 comments :
I find this to be so true! This photo is astounding.
Good Morning, Thank you for sharing the quote and the link to the book. I wish you a nice start to the new week. xo
I like the title to the book, Angel behind the rocking chair, says a lot in one sentence. good morning, hope you have a wonderful day
Suffering never seems like a blessing, but at certain times, it can be. Thanks for the post this morning and hope your Monday is a good day.
What a wonderful way to start my Monday Karen...you always have the best quotes.
That sounds like a worthwhile book. Thank you for sharing the quote from it.
Thank you for your post today, Karen. : )
~Sheri
It is good for us to realize that our suffering can be a link to blessing...so often people tend to think that suffering must mean that you've done something wrong, or you don't have enough faith in God. But I have found that going through difficult times helped me in my relationship with God..caused me to grow and seek His face more clearly. God may not have caused the difficulties in my life, but He truly was there in the midst of them, to teach me and reach me with His love and wisdom. Therefore, they became a gift to me. Thank you for sharing this today. Made me think.
Many thanks for the quote and the link to the book.
All the best Jan
Thank You Karen!
Thank you so much, Karen, for sharing this with us. I can totally relate in all that my brother has been going through with his cancer. All through his treatments and now his surgery he has found joy.
Your post are always a blessing to me! I hope your day is truly blessed! HUGS!
Happy Spring, lovely lady! Thank you for this wonderful post...I was greatly blessed.
Hugs to you!
I love your header, Karen! It's hard to get our heads around but God needs to use His pruning shears on us for our good & His glory....
God does promise his children that whatever trials they have, He will somehow bring good from them. Maybe not for us personally, but somehow for God's kingdom.
Sure sounds like a good book. Happy Spring!!
Post a Comment