O LORD, how my adversaries have increased!
Many are rising up against me.
Many are saying of my soul,
"There is no deliverance for him in God." Selah.
But You, O LORD, are a shield about me,
My glory, and the One who lifts my head.
I was crying to the LORD with my voice,
And He answered me from His holy mountain. Selah.
I lay down and slept;
I awoke, for the LORD sustains me.
Psalm 3:1-5
Many are saying of my soul,
"There is no deliverance for him in God." Selah.
But You, O LORD, are a shield about me,
My glory, and the One who lifts my head.
I was crying to the LORD with my voice,
And He answered me from His holy mountain. Selah.
I lay down and slept;
I awoke, for the LORD sustains me.
Psalm 3:1-5
I was so thankful to see the thousands of military personnel and volunteers responding to the flood victims last week. As the Governor of Texas declared a Day of Prayer tomorrow, I want to also remember all of our military stationed around the world. I was amazed to see all the different countries where our men and women are serving. This graph gives a visual of 200,000 troops deployed in 177 countries overseas:
10 comments :
Hello, my prayer continue for the victims of the storm in Texas. I thank all the volunteers, there were so many everyday hereoes stepping up.
God bless our military, they keep us safe. And on this Labor Day weekend, I thank all who helped build and make this country what it is today! Pretty sky and photo. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!
"the Governor of Texas declared a Day of Prayer"
That is so cool!
Your verse there reminds me of an old praise song, "Thou, O Lord, are a shield for me."
We need to always pray for our military, wherever they may be....they have a very hard job, that we cant imagine....God bless our troops. Have a nice Saturday.
I had no idea there were than many in other countries or in that many countries. Prayers for all of the military and for all that have suffered harm from Harvey...
I posted the link on FB the country needs to know all this. thanks for the link
So many have come to help us, it's been heartwarming to see them roll in, or boat in... We will be years in recovery from this massive storm.
I can't help but get a lump in my throat when I see the pictures of our military personnel carrying people -- children and babies, included -- and working so tirelessly. They give so much of themselves. We are blessed.
This picture is so amazing. Yes, I think they should call most of our active people to Texas. I just cannot imagine.
A day of prayer is just what they need, that so special.
~Sheri
Amen, in agreement with these Thanks and Prayers for their protection and safety and blessing.
♡
Post a Comment