Friday, September 22, 2017

Trusting

Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong. Ephesians 3:17

So how can I "grow roots down into God's love"? I seems it has to do with learning to trust during the small trials (that seem like big trials at the time!). As I am tempted to doubt, I have to lean more and more on God. Then, when the really hard times come,  I pray that my roots are already established and my faith will remain strong.

Simply trusting every day.
Trusting through a stormy way.
Even when my faith is small,
Trusting Jesus that is all.
Edgar Stites 

9 comments :

Sandi said...

Trust Him.

That's usually the lesson I'm learning!

MadSnapper n Beau said...

Beautiful words. the tree at the top reminds me of the one that is gone. bob said the ginormous yellow flowering tree at the park is gone. I am going over to see it today I think, or where it was

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Trusting Him is the key in all things. It is not an easy task when things look gloomy/dim, but He has told us to lean on Him, and that is what I can do. Happy Friday and hope your upcoming weekend is a good one.

Visits With Mary said...

Trust and Obey, for there's no other way. Thank you for a great message today.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ginny Hartzler said...

Gorgeous fall header And background! Did you take all these pictures? I love the corn and pumpkins in baskets. Trust and Obey, as the song says...

Red Rose Alley said...

A very good message, Karen. I always love the Fall displays on your Header.
I like those sweet white pumpkins, but there's just something about an orange
pumpkin at Fall.

Happy first day of Autumn!

~Sheri

eileeninmd said...

Hello fall images are pretty. I love your new blog look. Great message!
Happy Friday, have a great weekend!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

I love that song, "Simply trusting every day..." That is a beautiful old hymn. And so full of truth.
Love your fall pictures. I trust you are having a blessed entrance into fall!

Blog Archive