Sunday, September 3, 2017

In Christ

Outside of Christ, I am only a sinner, but in Christ, I am saved.
Outside of Christ, I am empty; in Christ, I am full.
Outside of Christ, I am weak; in Christ, I am strong.
Outside of Christ, I cannot; in Christ, I am more than able.
Outside of Christ, I have been defeated; in Christ, I am already victorious.
How meaningful are the words, "in Christ."
Watchman Nee

"Christ is the Son of God. He died to atone for men's sin, and after three days rose again. This is the most important fact in the universe. I die believing in Christ."
(A note written by Watchman Nee was found under his pillow in prison at his death as a martyr for his faith in Christ.)

Watchman Nee trusted in Christ in mainland China in 1920 at the age of seventeen. He spent the next thirty years preaching the gospel, starting church meetings, and writing. He was in prison for his faith from 1952 until his death in 1972 at age 69. His writings still inspire us today.

Jesus said:
At that day you will know that I am in My Father, 
and you in Me, and I in you.
John 14:20

10 comments :

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

May I share? I love this post. Have a blessed day.

Theresa said...

...in Christ, I am saved! Have a blessed day dear Karen, HUGS!

Visits With Mary said...

Hope you have a happy and blessed Lord's Day.

MadSnapper n Beau said...

Amen. this is the first I have heard of Watchman Nee..

Ginny Hartzler said...

Gorgeous header today. Jesus saved us all through his death!

Red Rose Alley said...

Thank you for this today, Karen. I am going to read about Watchman Nee.

~Sheri

Sandi said...

"He was in prison for his faith from 1952 until his death in 1972 at age 69. His writings still inspire us today."

I got to this part and a thought struck me. I bet he enjoyed those last years, reading and thinking and studying. He saw it as restful.

I haven't read much about Watchman Nee, so I don't know where that thought came from! Take it with a grain of salt. i suppose. :)

a joyful noise said...

It has been awhile since I read anything by Watchman Nee, but I remember his writing as being very deep spiritually. Thank you for this quote by him and a reminder of his history.

Rose said...

Oh, this is a wonderful post....

L. D. said...

Thanks for the post.

Blog Archive