When I was young, I went to visit a great-uncle in the nursing home. As I walked down the hall looking for his room, a cheerful voice called out for me to come in and visit for a moment. I still think of that lady, lying in her bed all day, who could not move her arms or legs, yet her smile brightened the mood of the nurses and visitors who stopped by her bed. She did not complain but wanted to hear about my day at school. She possessed a kind of beauty that never fades.
Satisfy us each morning
with Your unfailing love,
so we may sing for joy
to the end of our lives and let
the beauty of the Lord our God
be upon us,
Psalm 90:14, 17a
12 comments :
Such a sweet Bible verse. I remember her too and her wonderful attitude. Have a nice day. xo
Hello,
Lovely image, verse and memory! Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy new week!
I know you are happy to have stopped by to visit the sweet lady and you are sure to have help make her day.
Lovely story!Some people are so special and happy that brighten up our day!I pray God to be this way but I am not...Hugs.
I am so glad you went in!
I love a person like that...our neighbor used to always have an upbeat attitude. Going to visit her for a few minutes was like going to vist sunshine.
That's a lovely image …
So pleased you went in …
All the best Jan
That scripture is one of my favorites. I remember reading many years ago that if you want to be a sweet old lady, you need to start while you’re young. I remind myself of that often when I’m tempted to complain.
This story is very special, Karen. That was nice of the lady to call out to you and ask you about your day. Such a positive woman who didn't complain, and even smiled through her pain. People like that you don't ever seem to forget. : )
~Sheri
Hi Karen,
I can not only see the love and kindness in that lady, but I can see the love and kindness in you too through what you have shared in this post and all of your other posts that I have read when I have come over to your site. I used to work in care work with the elderly, and also with people with Alzheimer's and saw much beauty within the people I cared for.
God bless you for sharing.
That is a great Psalm.
Beauty in the spirit is the best kind of beauty. Sweet story.
Post a Comment