Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Why me?

If you will humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, in His good time, He will lift you up. Let Him have all your worries and cares, for He is always thinking about you and watching everything that concerns you. 1 Peter 5:6-7

The Lord directs our steps, so why try to understand everything along the way?
 Proverbs 20:24 The Living Bible

My first teaching job after I graduated from college was teaching preschool in Atlanta. Although I loved the children dearly, I had an associate who stole money from my purse and lied about me to the director. I talked to my Dad about the situation and he said, "You will deal with similar situations throughout your career. Don't worry about settling the score or defending your reputation. Just do your best and the truth will come out in time."

He was right, and the woman's dishonesty was found out, but also there was a boiler explosion and fire in the building one evening after everyone had gone home, and I moved on to a much better teaching job at a country school with a wonderful principal and staff.

9 comments :

Sandi said...

he was right!

L. D. said...

A great life’s lesson. The things that spring up in front of us seem huge and God does have a way to right them in his own time.

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

God always takes care of us in His time, not always ours.

Laurel Wood said...

Thanks for sharing our dad's words of wisdom and the encouraging verse. xoxo

Ginny Hartzler said...

Your father was a wise man. It can be hard to know what to do in these situations. I suppose it partly depends on if someone is actually being hurt by a person's actions.

Theresa said...

Great advice... “Just do your best and the truth will come out in time”. Have a blessed day dear friend. Hugs

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Wow, what a story. Your dad was a wise man. Glad God blessed you in this way. He always takes care of His children when we are faithful and trusting in Him.

Red Rose Alley said...

So sorry this happened to you, Karen. Your dad's words were wise and true. God sees everything, every detail. It's hard not to step in sometimes, but your post is a reminder to me once again of what we need to remember........Be still and know that I am God. I'm glad you moved on to another job that was better for you.

~Sheri

Connie said...

Patience and doing your best to do and be what's right won out. I'm glad things turned out for you the way they did.

Blog Archive