On Memorial Day Weekend
My favorite verse from our national anthem:
Oh! thus be it ever, when free men shall stand
Between their loved home and the war's desolation!
Blessed with victory and peace,
may the heaven rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto:
"In God is our trust."
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!
My favorite verse from our national anthem:
Oh! thus be it ever, when free men shall stand
Between their loved home and the war's desolation!
Blessed with victory and peace,
may the heaven rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto:
"In God is our trust."
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!
Francis Scott Key
Remembering so many who gave their lives to protect ours.
Remembering so many who gave their lives to protect ours.
.
6 comments :
Beautiful lyrics for this Memorial Day weekend. I wish you a nice day.
"Remembering so many who gave their lives to protect ours."
I can't think of any words to add to this, just a solemn nod.
Sadly gorgeous pictures. There will always be wars, But our God saves all who believe.
Wow! I don't believe I've ever heard that verse before! Amazing! I guess no one ever sings it. I must look in our church hymn book and see if we have that verse. Thank you for sharing it. That is wonderful. Have a blessed weekend.
Great tribute,dear Karen!God bless!Hugs!
Love this too. Many thanks to all of them for the ultimate sacrifice. Wishing you a Happy Memorial Day .
Post a Comment