Friday, February 8, 2019

Life

This is my comfort in my affliction,
that Your promise gives me life.
Psalm 119:50

I was encouraged by a you tube video of Joni Eareckson Tada speaking about suffering, disappointment and disability after she has been a quadriplegic for over 50 years. I know that what I experience with arthritis and memory issues cannot compare. I liked what she said about pushing away thoughts of despair and focusing on the grace, peace and mercy of God. 

9 comments :

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

I dont have near the affliction that she does, but I do lean on Him every day and couldnt make it through this life without Him.

Louca por porcelana said...

You always share necessary and inspiring toughts...Thanks.Blessings!

Ginny Hartzler said...

She is really amazing! I always think there are people so much worse than me, and am thankful for the way things are.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Joni has always been an inspiration to me. Ever since her accident, which I remember well when it happened, I have been amazed by her testimony of grace and peace through Christ. Yes, when we see someone like Joni enduring such trials as she has, it helps us to get through our own struggles. God is there for all of us, just as we need Him.

Rose said...

I need to do that...focus.

Laurel Wood said...

A very comforting verse. I wish you a pleasant weekend. xo

Red Rose Alley said...

Such a grateful post, Karen. Very special, indeed. My sister just found out she has arthritis in her knee, and she's in a lot of pain. My mother had it also. I hope you get relief from yours when it starts to act up. : )

~Sheri

Connie said...

That sounds like the best place to focus always. Inspiring words!

Theresa said...

We all need that reminder, all of us suffer in different ways. Have a blessed day dear Karen, I'll pray for you, you pray for me! HUGS!

Blog Archive