
I can already see the buds on the pear trees that line the driveway here.
We had big snowflakes all morning.
That's one thing about the Ohio River Valley in southern Indiana:
The weather keeps us guessing from day to day.
This past week, the neighbor children were splashing in the rain puddles
and the next day, they were skating on the ice.
This past week, the neighbor children were splashing in the rain puddles
and the next day, they were skating on the ice.
I would probably be bored in a place that did not have the changing seasons.
While the earth remains,
seedtime and harvest,
and cold and heat,
and summer and winter,
and day and night
shall not cease.
Genesis 8:22I
14 comments :
The pear trees lining your drive provide so much beauty in spring! I know the neighbor's children enjoyed skating on the pond. Our mother would have had us to wear bread bags over our shoes! lol
Wishing you a very nice afternoon. xo
Hello,
Wow, is this early? There is nothing here, we are expecting snow tonight into tomorrow.
I love seeing the signs of spring...gives hope. We have jonquil leaves and iris leaves up and buds on the trees too. But today is 40 degrees and a cold rain. Day to day.
I hope your trees don't bud too early and get hurt by the freeze...but again, February is always a strange month weatherwise, even here in Florida. It is very cloudy, misting rain, kind of chilly here today. A good day to stay inside and read. Although we went to church. It didn't start raining until afterwards. Have a blessed day. Stay warm!
I love that we have all the seasons! That way we can appreciate the beauty in each one, and be happy when they change. I love your cute header, with the trees from each season.
I love the Seasons we have here in Georgia:) I am also seeing signs of Spring around my house. Have a beautiful day dear Karen, HUGS!
Hi Karen,
I think you are living in a beautiful place from what you share on your blog. The weather sounds very much what it is like here in Northern Ireland, where we are now living, and I love the changes in temperature wherever we go, and love every season. Even in Winter there is new growth that starts within the plant, just like our little ones do. Creation is amazing. I have a fig tree that is growing figs at the moment, can't wait for how it pans out as it gets bigger.
It must be such a sight to see the snow flakes, Karen, and BIG ones! I can just see the children splashing in the puddles and skating on the ice. I'm so glad you get the changing seasons. It's so special to see the difference in them all.
Have a blessed week, Karen.
~Sheri
Karen, Oh bless you for showing those tree buds...makes me think spring girl. I am so ready. We had snow and today we are to have rain again, and maybe even tomorrow….scary, could be floods. the ground is saturated. Please be safe there. Blessings dear friend, xoxo, Susie
We are getting more snow today, but before it started, I noticed the very beginnings of crocus poking through the ground in the flower bed. It is reassuring to know that spring will return.
Beautiful picture,dear Karen!Blessings!
I have not looked for anything budding yet...about afraid of what I would see.
Ice skating! Not quite that cold here....
It's always nice to see the first signs of Spring, which is one of my favourite seasons.
All the best Jan
Post a Comment