Thursday, February 14, 2019

Peace


Peace I leave with you,
My peace I give to you;
not as the world gives do I give to you.
Let not your heart be troubled,
neither let it be afraid.
John 14:27

Jesus did not say these words lightly. He spoke tenderly to his friends on the evening he was betrayed, illegally tried, beaten - knowing he would be crucified the next day.

We cannot understand His suffering, our suffering, and the suffering of the innocent. But neither can  we comprehend Jesus' undying love.

6 comments :

Ginny Hartzler said...

Peace is a powerful thing, and only ONE can give it.

Brenda said...

That is right Karen,
that is a love that is totally unconditional.

Sandi said...

Thank you for this today, Karen.

This verse means a lot to me. It is good to hear.

eileeninmd said...

Lovely verse. I wish peace for everyone! Enjoy your day and happy weekend!

Louca por porcelana said...

Amen,Karen!Thanks for sharing.Happy weekend!

Connie said...

Wonderful scripture!

Blog Archive