Sunday, February 17, 2019

Kids Say the Cutest Things

I was an elementary teacher and I love the original answers kids invent -

You can listen to thunder after lightning to tell how close you came to getting hit. If you don't hear it.... never mind.

Australia has cold summers and hot winters, but somehow the people seem to adjust.

Many dead animals in the past changed to fossils, while others preferred to become oil.

Some people can tell the time by looking at the sun, but I have never been able to make out the numbers.

I am not sure how clouds get formed, but the clouds know how to do it and that is the important thing.

13 comments :

Ginny Hartzler said...

These are so funny! My favorite is the one about fossils. What are the beautiful flowers in your header?

Laurel Wood said...

Thanks for the morning smiles! Lots of rain forecast here for the week. I hope you will have a nice Monday. xo

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

They are cute answers! Wishing you a happy day and new week ahead.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Oh, those are great! I'm glad you saved them and shared them with us. I would love to see a book of these kinds of sayings from children. Art Linkletter had such a great program and book based on that... this was cute. Thank you for making me smile this morning!

Theresa said...

SO cute:) Enjoy your day and week ahead dear Karen, HUGS!

Red Rose Alley said...

hahaha, kids say the funniest things. I especially like what the student said about the clouds, and that's so true, isn't it? Thanks for sharing these sentences, Karen. You must have many pleasant memories of teaching. It was a very different time back then, and I sometimes wish it was still here for Jess, as she teaches her students every day. : )

~Sheri

Louca por porcelana said...

Such fun!Children always make my day!Hugs!

Susie Swanson said...

Awe, these are so sweet. We just never know what's going to come out of the mouths of kids. I bet you heard quite a few things. Have a nice week.

Rose said...

These are priceless!

Susie said...

Karen, I love these bits of wisdom. LOL Once my son in law told his son to chock up on the bat he was swinging and Jake being 4 did not know what that meant in sports...so he coughed on the bat. :):) I could not stop laughing. I truly love the innocents of children. Thank you for teaching. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Hazel Irene Moon said...

Such sweet words from children. When my son was little, I would sing to him as I put him to bed. One night he requested that I sing Hog-it. Of course, I did not understand, so I questioned a bit further and he explained: You know mama, the song, when we hog-it to heaven.

Connie said...

Hahaha! These are so cute. Thanks for the smiles today.

Lowcarb team member said...

These are so lovely to read.

All the best Jan

Blog Archive