I stand on the footbridge
Listening to the gurgling brook
Rippling over rocks, then
Disappearing around the bend.
Not knowing where it began
Or where it ends
Or all the gaps
It fills along its way
Sometimes a trickle
Sometimes overflowing its banks.
Thirsty ones along life's way
See the flow of the Spirit in your life,
See the flow of the Spirit in your life,
In the storms and in the droughts
Whether you feel empowered
Or stuck in the mud.
Amazing!
How God can turn things around for good.
You can't yet see all those you're reaching,
Refreshing, reviving,
Refreshing, reviving,
Because of His river of life.
Karen Rice
Jesus said: "Whoever believes in Me,
as the Scripture has said,
Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water."
John 7:38

8 comments :
Your words were so nice to read, and I do like the image here too.
All the best Jan.
Wonderful, you are such a good poet!
Your poem and the verse are beautiful. I know you and your granddaughter spent many nice afternoons on the footbridge.
Love your poem. You are very talented my friend.
This is a lovely poem, Karen, and a wonderful scripture also.
Thank you Karen. I truly enjoyed reading this post. You are such a good person. I find comfort here. Blessings, xoxo, Susie
Oh Yes! This river of life that flows out from the throne of God is reaching into hearts and lives of people everywhere it goes. And we are a part of that river...overflowing with the love and joy of Christ as He lives in and through us. What a blessing your poem is...so full of the life and vitality of that River of Life...it reaches out to all of us.
What a wonderful poem, Karen. Your words flow so nicely.
Have a restful weekend.
~Sheri
Post a Comment