The minister answered that every generation since the beginning of time has had to wrestle with the same question. At some point in our Christian walk, we will come up against a situation that will cause us to WRESTLE with our image of God. Then, by His grace, He will reveal even more of His love to us, and we will finally surrender our "right" to understand everything, and simply NESTLE in His strong arms.
John Newton, who wrote "Amazing Grace", also wrote "Though Troubles Assail Us":
No strength of our own
And no goodness we claim
Yet since we have known
Of the Savior's great name
In this our strong tower
For safety we hide
The Lord is our power
The Lord will provide
10 comments :
I wrestle at times as most people do, but am so thankful He is always there to nestle me and asssure me.
So very true, Karen. I wrestle at times. I almost walked away in 2012! But God had a good hold of me and I stayed and grew even closer to Him after that.
Love, Carla
Yes, perhaps the biggest question of our existence. The thing is, if he stopped many bad things from happening, then it could take away free choice. But as to why children die and suffer, and so many other awful things, we will never know in this life. They are tests of faith for sure.
Although we go through many hard times, we must remember that Christ will have and will give us victory in due time. Not saying it's easy, just saying we should strive to hold this close to our heart and soul.
Oh my, this is so good...don't wrestle with God, but nestle up to Him and let Him give comfort and strength and peace to our lives. Yes, I need to remember that. I often wrestle with God because He isn't performing the way I think He should or as quickly as I think He should. But when I realize that He has it all under control at all times, I can just relax and rest and nestle up to Him and be at peace. I love this picture in my mind and heart. Thank you.
I do think most of us wrestle at times...
All the best Jan
I struggle at times too. I think most everyone does.
Karen, Whenever I may have a faint "wonder"...something always reminds me God has always been with me. It's almost like we want to tell God what He should do....all we have to do is ask and hold onto our faith. Blessings to you my friend, xoxo, Susie
Those lyrics are very comforting.
Hi Karen,
I don't think that it is God's fault, but mans', as there is very little taught in schools these days about God and Jesus, and even when it is man will continue just as Adam and Eve did to question God's Word when it goes against what they want. Since I had my near death experience and was taken to what I believe is the third Heaven, I can truly say that God has incredible and unbelievable to the human eye and mind things prepared for those who love Him.
Post a Comment