And the clerk tossed them out with a flip.
“We’ve got ‘em assorted for every man’s needs,”
He said with a smile on his lip.
“Pansies and poppies and asters and peas!
Ten cents a package and pick as you please!”
Now seeds are just dimes to the man in the store
And dimes are the things he needs;
And I’ve been to buy them in seasons before,
But have thought of them merely as seeds.
But it flashed through my mind as I took them this time
“You have purchased a miracle here for a dime!”
"You've a dime's worth of power no man can create.
You’ve a dime’s worth of life in your hand!
You’ve a dime’s worth of mystery, destiny, fate,
Which the wisest cannot understand.
In this bright little package, now isn’t it odd?
You’ve a dime’s worth of something known only to God.
Edgar A.Guest

10 comments :
Your sweet vintage picture is cheerful on this cold winter day, Karen.
And I love the blue jay on your Header.
Wishing you wonderful February days ahead.
~Sheri
How beautiful...Keep warm!Hugs!
I love this sweet illustration and the poem. I remember as a young girl I loved to plant seeds and watch the flowers grow!
I LOVE it! It gave me chill bumps.
I love the vintage picture. I have a tin sign that is supposed to look like an old seed packet. It's one of my favorite wall decorations.
Karen,
As a gardener, I absolutely love this poem.
Oh what a wonderful poem by Edgar Guest! I love that...it truly made me appreciate those little packets of seeds more. However, when I do buy them, they rarely grow like they should. Probably something I'm not doing right...
I do love the vintage picture...so very sweet. Spring will be coming soon. I haven't heard yet what the groundhog saw...but either way, it can't stay winter forever, can it??? Have a blessed day.
Love the photo and the poem. Spring can't come soon enough and I love to buy the first package of seeds also. hope you enjoy your week and the weather has warmed up for you. Have a Blessed day.
Wonderful poem, and it is a fantastic reminder that spring is on the way. I love the adorable photo in your header--so cute!
I like this a lot.
Post a Comment