Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Kind Words

Kind words are the music of the world
They have power that seems to be
beyond natural causes 
as if they were some angel's song
that had lost its way
and come to earth.
Frederick William Faber

When I was going through a divorce, I dreaded running into old friends that I had grown up with. Sure enough, I ran into my former neighbor, Janice, who was still happily married to her childhood sweetheart. What would she think of me? 
She asked no questions and gave no advice. She simply said, "We love you."


 Kind words are like honey—
    sweet to the soul and healthy for the body.
Proverbs 16:24 NLT 

12 comments :

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Kind words can make all the difference in a circumstance for sure.

Lowcarb team member said...

Kind words are simply the best :)

All the best Jan

PS Your header is fabulous, what a glorious colour sky.

Louca por porcelana said...

How sweet your post is...Thanks for sharing.God bless you,Karen!

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love this Faber quote! I am putting it our church prayer line tonight.

Red Rose Alley said...

That was so nice of your neighbor to say those three simple, but very special, words to you when you were going through a difficult time. Thank you for sharing your heart, Karen. What a glorious sky this is on your Header. I love all the Purple swirling around in it. : )

~Sheri

Laurel Wood said...

A good reminder to always show kindness and compassion. xoxo

Rose said...

This is so true....

Theresa said...

Kindness is so important💜. Thanks for this reminder. Enjoy your evening dear Karen. Hugs

Nonnie said...

The Bible has so much to say about our words. I cringe when I remember some of the words I have spoken in the past. I love that quote.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

(((HUGS))). Yes, kind words soothe the sorrowing and troubled soul. I know how much they have meant to me over the years during difficult times. I try to be aware of those who are grieving for whatever reason and pray that God will give me the right words to say at the right time. I tend to speak first and think after all too often, and I have to pray that God will set a guard over my mouth. This is a good reminder today. Love to you today, dear friend.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Wonderful message and post. We should be kind to others and ourselves.
Happy Thursday, enjoy your day, have a great weekend ahead.

Connie said...

Kind words can make a huge difference--so true!

Blog Archive