Friday, January 18, 2019

God Never Slumbers

The older I get, the more I seem to remember scenes from early childhood. I can picture Daddy taking me to downtown Atlanta one night to visit his Mother in the hospital. I was amazed to see all the lights of the city, busy sidewalks, and all the traffic. He explained that there are people working at all hours, bus drivers, nurses, policemen, etc. Because we lived in a very small quiet town, this was something I had never thought about.

I was thinking this morning how our Heavenly Father, never sleeps. He works even in the dark. I should keep that in mind when I don't see an immediate answer to my prayers. God is accomplishing His will in places and at times that I never see, in ways I cannot imagine.

 Jesus said: "My Father has been working until now, and I too am working." John 5:17


HE NEVER SLEEPS - DON MOEN I love this song:
https://www.google.com/search?q=he+never+sleeps+don+moen&rlz=1C1TSNF_enUS673US673&oq=He+Never+Sleeps+Don+Moen&aqs=chrome.0.0j69i60j69i61j0l3.8168j0j1&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

15 comments :

Ginny Hartzler said...

You are so good at making devotionals from your memories; you see God in them all. I LOVE this song!!

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

I praise the Lord that He never sleeps and is always watching over us.

Red Rose Alley said...

Your words are always soothing, Karen, and I appreciate that very much. You are such a good person. I bet downtown Atlanta was so different than what you were used to and interesting things to see for a little girl.

~Sheri

Carla from The River said...

So very true Karen, thank you for sharing your memories with us and your devotionals.
Carla

Louca por porcelana said...

A blessed post as always...Have a lovely weekend!

Elizabethd said...

Thank you so much for your visit to Small Moments.
I am so thankful in the knowledge that the Lord neither slumbers nor sleeps, and will always have us in His hands night or day.

Aritha said...

That is a good thought! Thanks.

I react on you comments on my blog (the last two)
Have a blessed Sunday.

Rose said...

That is something to think on and to remember...but before I forget, I love your header photo!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

What a powerful reminder to us today. God never slumbers...He is always working on our behalf. And Jesus is ever interceding on our behalf as well. We are well taken care of...and we don't even realize it most of the time. Thank you for this today. We need to praise Him.

Laurel Wood said...

Thank you for this sweet post.

Theresa said...

Remembering those times from our childhood are blessings. I have precious memories and cherish them. This post reminds me of the song It's me again Lord... "I know you're mighty busy in your Heaven, forming worlds and hanging stars to shine" Have a blessed day dear Karen, HUGS!

Net - "It's a Wonderful Movie" said...

What a beautiful story! That is so true... God is always there any hour of the day!

Thank you so much for sharing this lovely comparison! God bless you, Net

http://itsawonderfulmovie.blogspot.com

Brenda said...

That is right Karen
He never sleeps, He is always watching over us.

Lowcarb team member said...

So true, I find that I look back with some wonderful memories.
Appreciate your post.

All the best Jan

Connie said...

Wonderful memory of time with your father. You do such a good job of tying your stories into a scripture message.

Blog Archive