Saturday, December 1, 2018

Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening

Whose woods these are I think I know.   
His house is in the village though;   
He will not see me stopping here   
To watch his woods fill up with snow.   

My little horse must think it queer   
To stop without a farmhouse near   
Between the woods and frozen lake   
The darkest evening of the year.   

He gives his harness bells a shake   
To ask if there is some mistake.   
The only other sound’s the sweep   
Of easy wind and downy flake.   

The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   
But I have promises to keep,   
And miles to go before I sleep,   
And miles to go before I sleep.
Robert Frost

11 comments :

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Love the pretty image and poem. Thanks for sharing.
Have a happy day and weekend!

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Love this and always have. Have a nice Saturday.

Brenda said...

Hi Karen,
I haven't seen snow for a while here, going into Winter now though and maybe will have some this year. Nice words.

blooming home and garden said...

Wonderful...
Have lovely days,

Ida

Ginny Hartzler said...

Both poem and picture are lovely. Funny, in the last few days I was just thinking of the last verse of this poem. So darkly beautiful.

Nonnie said...

Would love to see some snow. Today as I was driving down the freeway, I saw a truck pulling a sleigh. Then following him was a long trailer filled with about five or six sleighs.

Aritha said...

Sweet picture!

L. D. said...

Thank you for sharing this poems and photo.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Oh, I love that poem and the imagery invoked. Thank you for sharing it with us. We don't have snow here in Florida, but I've lived up north enough to appreciate your thoughts! Stay warm and cozy where you are!! Blessings to you.

Red Rose Alley said...

aaahhh, Robert Frost's poetry is the best. And it goes so well with your Header. What a beautiful picture. I can imagine living there. It kind of looks like the 'Little House on the Prairie' home. : )

~Sheri

Connie said...

Wonderful poem by Frost. It goes well with the picture.

Blog Archive