Friday, December 14, 2018

Love Notes

Through the years, when I had great news to share or was going through difficulties, I could always call Mother, day or night. Before she hung up, she would say, "Love you, Sugar."

Lord, my prayer to You today is: Thank You that You are Love. Any time, day or night, I can open the Bible and find love notes from You tucked inside.

Long, long ago God decided to adopt us into his family through Jesus Christ. (What pleasure he took in planning this!) He wanted us to enter into the celebration of his lavish gift-giving by the hand of his beloved Son.
Ephesians 1:3-6

11 comments :

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Love your page today.....and the contents as well.

Rose said...

I need to think/concentrate on this. It is so true...

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Sweet post and memory of your Mom. Enjoy your day and have a happy weekend!

Brenda said...

You are so right about the love of God being in His Word. I love your picture too Karen.

Nonnie said...

Sweet memory of your mom and truth about love notes from God.

Louca por porcelana said...

What a heartfelt post...Love it...Amen!

Joy said...

My prayer too:) Lovely!

Lowcarb team member said...

Such lovely memories you've shared.
Mothers are so very special.

All the best Jan

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Before we were ever formed in the womb, He knew us and planned for us to be His children. We are so lavishly blessed. Your mother sounds like a very warm and loving mother...I love the way she let you know how she loved you "Sugar". That is a precious memory. Thank you for sharing it with us. I do love the picture at the top as well. Thank you.

Ginny Hartzler said...

No one can replace Mom as someone to be able to always go to, and to always be interested in whatever we have been doing. I love the sweet header..the smoke coming out of the chimney and the little dog with his ears up.

Red Rose Alley said...

Karen, that is so sweet what your mother used to say to you before she hung up the phone. I was just telling another blog friend how much I ache for my mother this time of year. : )

~Sheri

Blog Archive