Thursday, October 18, 2018

Frosty Mornings are Here

October Blue Sky
Bright Orange Pumpkins
Decorating Fun
It is an exciting time of year, not too cold in the afternoon sun, but cool enough to have to turn on the heat at night.

Opening the curtains to the morning light
Out in the yard I spy
The bright orange leaves of Autumn
Against a brilliant sky.

Rays of sun caress my face,
Like fingers of a loving hand.
A tiny bird is trilling her praise
Like a piccolo in Heaven's band.

Leaves scurry along the walk
In the cool refreshing breeze.
God whispers how much He cares
Just to put my mind at ease.

Karen Rice



11 comments :

eileeninmd said...

Hello, what a pretty sky! And I love the pumpkin display, happy Autumn! Enjoy your day!

L. D. said...

It is a pretty arrangement. I do like the orange for fall.

Red Rose Alley said...

Love seeing all those orange pumpkins sitting in a row. :)

Autumn is my favorite season, and I'm taking it all in.

~Sheri

Delvalina said...

How beautiful! :) and thats adorable that you and your grandaughter arranging it together.

Denise said...

beautiful pictures

bp said...

It has been chilly and rainy here this week. We haven't gotten our pumpkins yet. Maybe we can this weekend!

a joyful noise said...

Love your photos. It has not gotten real cold here as of today, but I must cover my faucets outside with an upside down bucket to prevent busted pipes.

Aritha said...

O what a great poem. LOVE it!

Lowcarb team member said...

Such a beautiful sky, and I love those pumpkins - such a wonderful colour.

All the best Jan

L. D. said...

Your writing is wonderful. You are very good at it. I enjoy the similar things that your do that we do too.

Laurel Wood said...

Such a sweet poem. Oh, how I love Autumn.

Blog Archive